Kids consignment is very popular in Pittsburgh but many of the locales are like hidden gems and you’d only know a certain shop existed by driving by … until now! Let me make it easy for you to save money on baby & kids clothes, gear (including cribs and swings) and more …
In no particular order but with certain notes I hope you’ll find useful:
1. Iddy Biddy Fashions (McMurray): It’s super easy to consign here (they have drop off appointments) and there are almost always colored tag sales going on. They’re on Facebook so seeing pics of current inventory is possible and they accept payments by phone.
2. Spots and Stripes (Mt. Lebanon): Lots of great boutique items at non-boutique prices. Make sure you bring some quarters for parking as you’ll be right on 19 on the very popular strip.
3. The Has Been (Bethel Park) – Big locale with lots of baby gear, toys and clothes. Parking is great and there is also a small area in the front of the store for your kids to play while you shop.
4. Pennystix Kids Resale (Upper St Clair): I can find (almost) zero online presence which is a total pity because there are lots of great finds to be had in this store. I once got a set of Boden pjs (in excellent condition) for only $4. You can find them at 1395 McLaughlin Run Rd Pittsburgh, PA 15241. If you want to try calling, their number is: 412-914-0555. Technically they are on Facebook but the page is not active (last post was 2011).
5. Francesca Blue (Upper St Clair) I believe it’s technically – the shop is HUGE, there is plenty of parking and it’s not too far from 79. Not on Facebook yet but according to the website, coming soon.
6. Kiddo Diddo (Bethel Park) – a total hidden gem with fairly new owners; lots of clothes and kid gear. With the new owners came a new Facebook presence – so be sure to “Like” the page. They don’t currently accept pay by phone but they WILL hold an item for you for 24 hours if you call and tell them you’re interested in a particular item (how awesome is that!?)